Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sorting Buttons by Color!

This is a fun project the my youngest keeps coming back to.  It is great for sorting things & color recognition.  You can also throw counting in there.


I started with a deviled egg dish from the thrift store ($2.32).  This one is a nice white ceramic, which is great because I always like to reinforced handling things with care.  I wish I had taken a picture of it before I add the color (but alas I was not thinking that far ahead).  Once I got the dish, I got out "my" set of sharpie markers and started coloring.  So now each "egg holder" is a different color, which is a total of 12.

Then I got out my old collection of odd buttons (started by my mother).  My oldest son helped with the choosing of the buttons for the activity.  This was great for him because he had to find two or three buttons in each color.  We didn't happen to have any brown so we colored a button with marker (problem solved).

No comments:

Post a Comment