Friday, September 10, 2010

Parachute Ball Play

FUN! FUN! FUN!


Playing with this ball is so much fun.  I remember playing with this ball in gym class as a child.  When I found one at an educational store I had to have it.  My boys and many of their friends LOVE this ball.  Everytime I get this ball out the smiles & cheers make my day (and from the sound of it, definitely theirs). 


This ball is great all the way around.  It keeps the kids active and running around the yard.  It also involves the older kids and the real young ones.  The older kids can hit this ball as hard as they want & it won't hurt anyone.  It is super lightweight (nylon material) & I fill it up with the hairdryer (on the cool setting).  It loses air every so often, (after about 10 minutes of hard hitting) but it is a quick fix with the hairdryer.

There are lots of games to play that work on gross motor skills.  Along with running and jumping (to get to and reach the ball), you can make it a hands only game (low net volleyball) or a feet only game (crab soccer).  

*This ball was about $25 at a local educational store.  Well worth it as we have been using it for about a year an a half.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment