Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Number Book

I made a neat little number book that Asher loves.  Jack is a little beyond it but has still picked it up a few times.

It was really simple.  I just used some clip art  of animals and put a different number on each little page.  The pages were divided to leave a space to put the numeral there once Asher counted everything up.  Asher did a pretty good job right off the bat.  But didn't like how the number didn't stay, so we decided to use velcro, so once the number is matched he can keep it there.

I then decided to make the numbers into "sandpaper numbers".  Easy enough to do once you have glue and sand.  Now Asher can count them up, find the number, trace it with his fingers & then match it up. 

I also put little whole up in the corner & put all the number cards on a ring.  So, we can spread it all out or keep it like a book.  Once I had such success with this with Asher, I took it to the Montessori school that I am volunteering at & one of the boys that I am working with there loved it!  The teacher thought it was awesome because the little boy was so engaged, which doesn't always happen with him.

So this little project is definitely a keeper & maybe we will even add to it as time goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment